Monday, September 26, 2011

Supporting the underdog

One of the things I truly love is an upset, I mean it's exciting to see the underdog triumph. I had joined the Real Madrid game with Rayo Vallecano 1-nil up and reveling in Real dropping more points and it got me thinking why do I fancy the unfancied? 


I guess it's the unexpected nature of their success. A classic example, Greece in Euro 2004. Nobody expected them to beat France but they did, then they beat the Czechs and finally Portugal. See what I mean? if they had lost to any of these teams it will have been just another day at the office, thankfully they didn't and we can say "look the underdog can have his day".It doesn't happen often but it does keep me watching games hoping for an upset.


The return of Ranieri
Gasperini was bound to go after failing to win in any of his five games leading to Ranieri's return to management. I quite like Claudio even though he's more often the bride than the groom. He started off with a win which bodes well and it'll be interesting to see how far he can take Inter.


No Home Comforts
I was excited to play in MFC's first home game of the season,even more so when at kickoff I noticed that the away team had no subs. It didn't quite go to plan as we got thumped 5-2, we just never seemed to get going and will need to pick it up for the upcoming games.

No comments:

Post a Comment