Saturday, September 10, 2011

Are the top teams pulling further away?

8-2, 6-0 and 7-0; these are footie scores from the last few weeks in the top European leagues. Maybe it's no longer a joke that some of the top divisions have a virtual divide with a mini-league for those competing for the title and another for the rest. 


It can be hard on the eyes to see these results (or watch these games) and even harder to believe these leagues are competitive but fair play though no matter the opposition you still have to go out and score the goals.
Whisper it anyway though, I'll be watching Le Championnat and a little Italian league to see games where I can't easily predict who'll win before kickoff and actually watch the whole 90 without "BBing".



Futsal anyone!!

I recently got re-introduced to Futsal around my area and played a game this Friday night. It's an understatement to say I'm a bit off the pace but I'm hoping that the futsal exposure will polish my outdoor skills as my Sunday league kicks off this weekend (for me @ least). I'll try to keep you posted on my exploits on both Futsal and the Sunday league (exquisitely called the Over The Hill Soccer League (OTHSL))

No comments:

Post a Comment